Road Trip in Northern California to see five Léon Trousset works of
1. Start in MISSION SANTA CRUZ and see a painting of the same name.
It is in the gift shop.
2. Go to Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History to see:
VIEW OF SANTA CRUZ.
3. Go to Our Lady of Refuge Church in Castroville (near Salinas) to see
MOSS LANDING AT CASTROVILLE.
4. Go to Carmel Mission and see FATHER SERRA'S LANDING PLACE.
5. Go to San Luis Obispo Mission and see VIEW OF SAN LUIS OBISPO.
In Southern California visit the Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside to
1. Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
2. The Resurrection of Christ
Road Trip in the Southwestern United States to see nine Léon Trousset
works of art.
1. Santa Fe, NM to visit the Museum of International Folk-art to see:
2. Santa Fe, NM: The New Mexico Museum of Fine Arts to see
SOCORRO COUNTY COURTHOUSE.
3. Santa Fe, NM: The Zaplin Lampert Gallery to see:
THE SAN MIGUEL CONVENT OF SOCORRO, NM.
4. Albuquerque Museum to see OLD ALBUQUERQUE and
5. Drive down to Socorro and see the painting in the Socorro Public Library
PARK CITY AND BILLINGS SMELTER.
6. Visit the El Paso Museum of Art to see VIEW OF EL PASO.
7. Visit the Museo Histórico in Juarez, MX. Ex - Aduana Fronteriza
PLAZA de ARMAS DE CHIHUAHUA
8. Visit Municipal for the Arts, Ciudad Juarez to see another version
On Your next trip to Washington, D.C.
Visit the Smithsonian American Art Museum, to see:
OLD MESILLA PLAZA.
Visit the Freedman's Museum in D.C. to see FORT INGE (of Uvalde County,
TX); Léon's first
known work (1867). His name is misspelled as Grousset.
Nearby in College Park, MD visit the National Archives and Records Administration
and see the drawings of:
1. Fort Davis
2. View of Limpias Mountains From Varela Springs
3. Horseshoe Bend in Pecos
4. Devil's River.
His name may also be misspelled as Grousset at the National Archives.
Note: Please verify paintings still at locations before taking your trip!